Hamilton Center, Inc. is a not-for-profit regional behavioral health system in Central and West Central Indiana with corporate offices located in Terre Haute, IN. Services and treatment are provided to children, youth and adults, with specialized programs for expectant mothers, infants, and people with drug and alcohol problems. Counseling and therapy services are provided for people who may be struggling with stress, life changes, or relationship issues as well as more serious problems such as depression, anxiety disorders, serious mental illnesses.
Hamilton Center has been building hope and changing lives, for thousands of adults, children, and families in the Wabash Valley and beyond for 49 years. Our offices are designed to be convenient, private and confidential, reducing the barriers sometimes associated with seeking psychological and mental health treatment. Hamilton Center employs over 600 staff in ten counties, including psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, therapists, counselors, case managers, etc.
President – John Plasse Vice President – Jim Winning
Secretary – Michael Nasser Treasurer – Bobby Moore
Krista Grange Andrea Kummerow
Doug Napier James Jackson II
Todd Pepperworth Anthony Tanoos II
Hamilton Center has been providing quality mental health services in the State of Indiana for 49 years. Established in 1971, Hamilton Center was named in honor of Katherine Hamilton, an outspoken advocate for improved mental health care.
Hamilton Center is licensed as a community mental health center and managed care provider for the State of Indiana by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction. The organization is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Hamilton Center exists to provide quality healthcare, wellness and human development services to our community.
Our vision is to advance excellence in healthcare through compassion, customer responsiveness, innovation, and flexibility.
We respect and support all employees and want to maximize each individual’s unique contribution to the organization which leads to discovering new and innovative business solutions to improve service delivery and quality of life of those served.
Human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but also our reputation and our company’s achievement as well.
We understand our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
(1) We believe in the worth of all people and believe that they should be treated with dignity, respect, and compassion.
(2) We work to improve the quality of life of those we serve and the communities in which we live.
(3) We believe in least restrictive care, which allows people to live as independently as possible.
(4) We believe treatment works, recovery is possible and quality of life can be improved.
(5) We believe in working with and supporting other stakeholders in the community and working with them collaboratively to provide a holistic team approach to care.
(6) We strive to find the resources to serve people regardless of payer source.
(7) We believe that integrated healthcare, primary and behavioral healthcare, is essential for positive health outcomes and cost-effective care.
(8) We value our employees and the unique contributions they make to the organization.
Since 1971, Hamilton Center, Inc. has grown to become a regional behavioral health system in central and west central Indiana. The corporate office has remained in Terre Haute, Indiana, with satellite offices located in nine other counties.
Address and Contact
Programs & Education
Mental Health Screenings