The principles of Wraparound include family voice and choice: the family’s needs are priority. The program is team based and revolves around each area working collaboratively to share the responsibility for the child. Wraparound is community-based and culturally competent working towards goals until no longer required.
A service provider, community member, or parent identifies a child and/or family who wants support. The parent or guardian then signs a release and a referral is completed. These are sent to the Wraparound Coordinator.
The referral is reviewed by a collaborative team and the family is accepted to the process or referred to other services. The coordinator will contact the family to let them know if the child has been accepted into the program.
The family gets started by identifying their strengths, challenges, and family team.
• Families and children looking for support
• Child under 18, or up to 21 if still in school
• “Traditional” services do not meet the family’s needs
• Child is possibly at risk of being placed out of the home
What is My Role?
• Identify and recruit family team members
• Discuss your family’s strengths and challenges in your team meetings
• Meet with your team at least monthly or more often
• Develop your family team plans and crisis plan with the team
• Let your team know if your plan needs to change. “Families don’t fail, plans do”
• Ask questions
• Participate in family team meetings whenever possible
• Share your opinions about the family’s strengths and challenges
• Help develop the family plans and crisis plans
• Feel free to share your ideas and suggestions.
• Be supportive
• Ask questions
• Help the family identify their strengths, challenges, and family supports for their team
• Arrange and prepare for team meetings as directed by the team
• Facilitate communication and coordination of support for the family
• Document family team plans
• Monitor family progress toward their goals and successes
• Follow and respect family voice
• Follow Wraparound principles
To learn more about Hamilton Center Rates and Fees click here.
Address and Contact
Programs & Education
Mental Health Screenings