Care Managers are trained professionals who are knowledgeable about your community and local resources. These professionals work with the consumers and a treatment team to coordinate and facilitate achievement of set goals.
The following services are offered by Care Managers:
• Linking with local resources (food pantries, heating assistance, housing assistance, social security benefits, Medicaid benefits, primary care services, trustee’s office, etc.)
• Advocating for an individual’s rights such as school case conferences, debt collectors, hospitals, and physicians
• Coordinating with other professionals (physicians, school administrators, teachers, social workers, other professional medical staff and coordination of transportation through Medicaid for primary health services, Department of Children’s Services, probation officers, and the legal system
• Providing services that help with implementing a treatment plan, arranging services through other local agencies, and assessing current needs
• Development of specific treatment plan and goals to achieve during time with Hamilton Center
Skill building is the teaching of new skills or further development of already existing skills. By using a variety of instructional tools, Care Managers and Direct Skills Technicians can help with increasing understanding and skill level in several life areas.
The following services are offered by Direct Skills Technicians:
• Learning how to cope with symptoms of illness in everyday life
• Increasing parenting abilities such as setting limits and age appropriate behaviors
• Building social skills to increase relationship success
• Learning how to better manage anger
• Learning about grief and how to cope with loss
• Developing living skills such as budgeting, meal planning, price comparison, bargain shopping, balancing a budget, establishing and using checking/savings accounts, etc.
• Learning how to manage physical health, nutritional instruction, and cooking skills
• Increasing home care skills
• Helping to understand the role of medication and treatment
• Decreasing deficits with personal care and hygiene
• School based services focusing on issues that may be causing your child difficulty with being successful in the school setting
To learn more about Hamilton Center Rates and Fees click here.
Address and Contact
Programs & Education
Mental Health Screenings