Spectrum Services is the name of Hamilton Center's rehabilitation division. This division provides services to adults living in Vigo County, Terre Haute, IN with disabilities and social limitations with the ultimate goal of maximizing independent living and full community inclusion. Spectrum Services is also accredited by CARF, The Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission.
Assessment Services are designed to help consumers make decision about their future. Staff use tests, profiles, interviews and observations to access the consumer on the job, at home and in the community. The objective is to identify interests, skills, talents and abilities to help the person decide the best employment opportunity, living arrangement and other activities to pursue.
Assessments may range from a single vocational interest inventory to a full in-depth profile.
Spectrum Services provides individualized training services designed to help participants reach specific goals in work skills, attitudes and behaviors. Staff may provide training in any work-related activity which may help consumers obtain and maintain employment. Specific areas of training include screen-printing, bindery, subassembly, packaging, janitorial, material handling and inspection. On the job training provides paid work while fine tuning the workers' skills.
Employment Solutions is an employment agency which assists consumers in choosing, obtaining and keeping jobs which suit their needs, interests and abilities. Services include job placement, job site training, and on-going follow along/support. Staff may also help consumers connect with other community resources in the community.
Spectrum Services provides training and support individually and in small groups to help people become more independent in their homes and in the community. Topics included in training include social skills, recreation, self-help, choice making, self-advocacy, communication, grooming, budgeting, transportation, cooking, safety, first aid, etc.
Medicaid Waiver Services
Medicaid Waiver services provide one-on-one assistance to clients in their homes and other community settings to help them achieve independence. Included in Medicaid Waiver services are respite services, targeted case management, day services, habilitation services and follow along services.
- Respite: Community Instructors provide breaks to caregivers by providing, temporary, short-term care giving. Services may be very brief, e.g., an hour at a time, or could be provided for an entire weekend.
- Targeted Case Management: Clients choose a case manager to assist them in creating and monitoring their individualized plan to insure appropriate services are accessible to them.
- Day Services: Training and support are provided individually and in small groups to help people become more independent. Services are provided on-site at Spectrum Services. Topics included in training include social skills, recreation, self-help, choice making, self-advocacy, communication, grooming, budgeting, transportation, cooking, safety, first aid, etc.
- Habilitation Services: These services are like day services, but take place in the clients' homes.
- Follow Along Services: Support services are provided to clients who are employed. Employment Specialists may help a person master a particular job skill and/or help the person with a job task at the job site.
For More Help
To contact Spectrum Services, call (812) 231-8355.