Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Department: Satellite Offices
Division: Satellite Services
Supervised By: Wraparound Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt/Regular/Full-time or Part-time
Effective Date: July 2013
The Wraparound Coordinator is responsible to the Wraparound Advisory Committee for the day to day administrative and clinical supervision of the Wraparound program in that county. The Wraparound Coordinator also has responsibility for providing direct clinical services to the children and families referred to Wraparound services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Wraparound Coordinator performs these duties using advanced knowledge obtained through specialized education and experience.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment to analyze, interpret, make deductions and then decide what actions are necessary based on the varying facts and circumstances of each individual case.
- Works without daily and immediate supervision, evaluating possible courses of conduct and making decisions where there is no opportunity to seek supervisory assistance.
- Assist Wraparound Advisory Council in developing an integrated system of care for Satellite families and children who are experiencing serious emotional difficulties.
- Provide direct supervision to all wraparound/grant providers and volunteers.
- Hold bimonthly meeting with project staff to address concerns and needs, grant documentation and record keeping.
- Oversee paperwork completion for all wraparound/grant providers and volunteers.
- Assist Advisory Council in informing the community, especially stakeholders of wraparound existence and access process.
- Provide direct services to referred children/families.
- Assess the strengths and needs of wraparound families, develop an individualized family service plan, and monitor the progress in meeting established goals.
- Assist families with accessing community resources.
- Complete all documentation necessary for client files, grant reports, etc.
- Assist in gaining community support and resources for Wraparound, both monetary and volunteer hours.
- Assist in the development of referral and tracking forms and procedures to be used by community partners.
- Report to the Wraparound Advisory Council on a routine basis to coordinate the implementation of wraparound activities and services.
- Serve as a liaison to coordinating agencies who are participants, referral sources and/or service providers in the network.
- Work with the Advisory Council in organizing pre and in-service training activities for Project staff and volunteers.
- Work with the Advisory Council in assessing Wraparound's effectiveness in achieving stated goals and objectives.
- Provide grant funded services and comply with grant policy and procedures (i.e. PRTF Wavier and MFP grant).
- Completion of required CANS and/or ANSA training and ongoing certification
- Completion of required DMHA certification
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, agency counseling or a related field.
- Five years of professional experience acquired post-degree in a private or public social services agency preferred
- Three years experience with SED children required.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with school and community resources and ability to access them.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent growth and development and an ability to work with at-risk youngsters and their families.
- Willingness to use reliable personal transportation in work capacity.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Drivers License in accordance with HCI motor vehicle policy.
- Maintain current American Red Cross CPR certification
- CANS SuperUser Certification
- DMHA Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee may be required to climb and/or lift.
All of the work of the Wraparound Coordinator is done in the community with clients. Conditions such as safety, cleanliness and comfort vary widely.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter.
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work.
- Completion of HCI's Quality Training
- Completion of CPR Training
- Completion of HCI training modules and Professional Development Plan
- Demonstrated computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training.
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period.
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit.
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan.
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.