Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Department: All Locations
Division: Satellite Services & Vigo County Services
Supervised By: Office Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Regular/Full-time/Part-time
Effective Date: July 2013
Provides secretarial/clerical support to the Satellite staff by assisting with the daily administrative functions. Responsible for all record-keeping and financial reports required by the Division of Satellite Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs administrative/clerical functions; carries out routine office procedures e.g., types, files, copies documents, makes bank deposits, picks up mail from post office and schedules and confirms appointments.
- Answers telephone taking routine messages, screens calls for crisis situations, responds to routine and emergency inquiries. Interacts with clients on a daily basis.
- Maintain all files, client charts, and records pertinent to the program.
- Takes minutes of meetings as required.
- Gathers data and compiles financial reports, monthly and annually, as required.
- Compiles data, completes forms, make mathematical calculations and carries out other tasks related to funding, accreditations, certification, and similar administrative projects as assigned.
- Uses computer in all aspects of position e.g., correspondence, meeting minutes, schedules, quality assurance forms, financial reports and program data.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of supplies and materials.
- Completes initial authorizations for Medicaid and Managed Care companies and assists staff in tracking and meeting deadlines and requirements for various funding sources. .
- Assist with billing inquiries and the collection of client fees.
- Monitor enrollment procedures for outpatient clients. Record initial contact with clients requesting services. Screen for presenting problem and specific needs of the client.
- Be familiar with all divisions and departments of the Center in order to be able to interact and assist staff. Be familiar with division-wide compliance, regulations/guidelines of quality clinical care.
- Represent the agency with the public, potential clients, referral sources, active clients in a professional, ethical manner that reflects a positive attitude and willingness to assist.
- Keep all requests for Release of Information current
- Corrects non-clinical errors identified in reports.
- Participates in training, in-services and special activities as required or assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Enter HAP information, track and monitor all HAPs on site.
- Take weight, height blood pressure, pulse and enter in Profiler on clients seeing Psychiatrist/NP
- Perform the above listed duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- High School diploma required.
- Additional education in business field and/or experience desired.
- Knowledge and/or skills in business English, basic mathematics, typing, filing and record maintenance, reception, operation of routine office equipment, time management, billing procedures and fiscal management.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) data entry/retrieval.
- Ability to learn HCI's computer billing system.
- Good telephone skills
- Time management and organizational skills with flexibility to manage a wide variety of tasks
- Willingness to use personal transportation in work
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license in accordance with HCI motor vehicle policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person or by telephone. The employee may be required to stand, walk, reach, bend, sit, climb and/or lift. There may be long periods of sitting or entering information into the computer.
Office conditions vary of a daily basis depending on the number of clients present, i.e., high noise levels and frequent interruptions. Staff is responsible for providing emergency/security support.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter.
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Demonstrated computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Completion of HCI Commitment Quality training
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan
- Completion of Essential Learning requirements
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
- Satisfactory completion of an Indiana Department of Child Services criminal fingerprinting background check at the time of hire and every four years (or at contract renewal when applicable) for any employee that has direct contact on a regular and continuing basis with DCS and IVB clients.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.