Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Division: Satellite Services & Vigo County Services
Supervised By: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt/Regular/Full-time
Effective Date: July 2013
Acts as a Liaison between the satellite office, main center's business office, local support staff, and the satellite Manager. Manages the front-office staff personnel and operations. Analyze Unicare/Pro-Filer reports, synthesize information from clinicians, business office, and manager and compare to reports. Track business office write-offs, and correct omissions and errors in billing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises front office staff.
- Works without daily and immediate supervision and makes decisions autonomously.
- Delegates and follows-up on administrative, billing, and clerical responsibilities.
- Assures adequate administrative and clerical coverage for the office.
- Coordinates billing issues with referral sources and third party payors.
- Analyzes adjustment reports for billing errors and unnecessary adjustments.
- Contacts appropriate internal staff and notifies payor sources to arrange for appropriate billing.
- Works closely with the business office, therapists, insurance companies, and the clients to guarantee proper billing and good service.
- Maintains awareness of all center-billing codes, procedures, billing practices and confidential laws.
- Demonstrate competent use of Profiler and the ability to assist staff in using the EMR, utilization of reports to pinpoint and address errors, and provide on-site training to staff
- Ensures all relevant information is communicated to support staff and implemented as instructed.
- Ensures medical record information is correct and accurate.
- Ensures client and HCI information is secured and kept confidential.
- Ensures that safety procedures are followed and corrective action taken.
- Ensures office equipment is functioning properly.
- Runs weekly and monthly reports and examines for errors, making appropriate corrections, and reviewing accounts for collections.
- Completes initial/continuing authorizations for managed care companies.
- Ensures that all Medicaid priors and Medicaid Reviews are completed by their deadline by assessing which are due, assigning paperwork preparation to support staff, and tracking those completed by HSPP. Responsible for all tracking and notifying manager of any uncompleted by clinicians.
- Handles all aspects of "Managed Care" from the initial call for benefits to making sure services are authorized and tracked. As well as, taking care of all problems with insurance that may arise.
- Ensure that vital statistics are gathered and entered into the EMR for consumers who are receiving psychiatric services.
- Participates in training, in-services and special activities as required or assigned.
- Performs back-up support staff duties when regular support staff are absent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Hamilton Center's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct supervision of support staff duties, including training of new employees, assessment and delegation of daily tasks, problem-solving for challenging situations encountered by support staff, update and report support staff issues to manager.
- High School diploma required.
- Good basic skills: office/clerical, math, written and oral communications.
- Ability to use office equipment: i.e., computer, calculator, copy machine, etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) data entry/retrieval.
- Ability to learn HCI's computer billing system.
- Knowledge of Managed Care
- Willingness to use personal transportation in work.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver's License in accordance with HCI motor vehicle policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee may be required to climb and/or lift. There may be long periods of sitting or entering information into the computer.
Office conditions vary on a daily basis depending on the number of clients present, i.e., high noise levels and frequent interruptions. Staff is responsible for providing emergency/security support.
Conditions of Employment
Office conditions vary on a daily basis depending on the number of clients present, i.e., high noise levels and frequent interruptions. Staff is responsible for providing emergency security support.
- Satisfactory reference and background investigations checks.
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to the new employee's first work day and annually thereafter.
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide new employee orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting to work.
- Completion of HCI's Management Training Program within six months of employment
- Demonstrated computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Completion of HCI Commitment to Quality training
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training.
- Successful completion of a six month on-the-job orientation period.
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit.
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.