Division: Administrative Services
Supervised By: Facilities Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Regular/Full-time
Effective Date: July 2012
Responsible for maintenance work executed in compliance with various standards and regulations. Work completed by self-skill level or procured contract services when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carry out various maintenance assignments as needed, either as repair or original work. Advise Facilities Manager of maintenance needs that exceed own skill level and assist in procurement of contract services when needed.
- Assure Center's maintenance work is in compliance with various standards and regulations, e.g., CARF, DMH, DOL, OSHA local building codes and regulations etc.
- Meet regularly with Facilities Manager for supervision purposes.
- Participate in meetings, special projects or assignments, and training/development activities as assigned or approved.
- Assure ongoing availability or necessary tools, equipment, and materials for maintenance work.
- Assist with all aspects of Groundskeeping at all Hamilton Center locations (e.g., snow removal, picking up debris, and planting flowers).
- Assist Facilities Manager with maintenance of vans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years work experience with knowledge and skills in plumbing, carpentry, basic masonry, interior work, basic electrical work, and equipment and plant repair.
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment and other safe operations and repair.
- Basic appliance repair, basic arithmetic, basic English usage, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Applications of building and safety codes.
- Supervisory skills helpful.
- Willingness to travel in work capacity.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license in accordance with HCI motor vehicle policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must routinely lift and carry 100 pounds.
The work is performed throughout the Center facilities. Work assignments are based on maintenance request, which are recorded as to date received and completed. Access to equipment and materials is available. Access to equipment and materials to complete the work is readily available.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Demonstrated computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Completion of HCI Commitment to Quality training.
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be
accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about
Apply now with our Online Employment Application.