Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Supervised By: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt/Regular/Full-time
Effective Date: July 2013
Responsible for the administration and management of transportation, housekeeping, security, and other facility support-related activities. This position provides supervision of all related staff providing these functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees activities associated with the corporate-wide transportation fleet.
- Develops policies and procedures related to transportation.
- Assists Director of Operations in determining vehicle program assignments and plan for replacement.
- Reviews and signs all repair invoices.
- Deals with insurance claims and safety related incidents/issues.
- Assist Director of Operations in purchasing, licensing, and insuring all new vehicles.
- Disposes of all retired vehicles.
- Develops policies and procedures related to facilities.
- Assists Director of Operations in acquisition of new or renewed facility leases.
- Reviews and approves all invoices related to facilities.
- Ensures all facilities comply with CARF, DMHA, OSHA, local and state governmental, etc. regulations.
- Develops all policies and procedures related to safety and security.
- Oversees safety and security of facility.
- Provides problem-solving and crisis intervention services as needed.
- Responds and coordinates requests for security matters.
- Chairs Safety and Security Committee.
- Reviews and performs follow-up on all incident reports.
- Manages all maintenance activities at HCI facilities.
- Assists with facilities-related service contract negotiations and manages existing contracts.
- Provides management of internal housekeeping services and contracted cleaning services.
- Closely monitors all Facility related expenses and assists with annual budget process.
- Supervises and reviews the performance of all assigned staff.
- Participate in Task Force 7 at the leadership level.
- Be a part of the Emergency Response Team.
- Develop an interactive Emergency Preparedness program.
- Create an interactive Safety and Security Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position directly supervises Housekeeping, Security and Maintenance. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Hamilton Center's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) year's supervisory/management experience.
- Work experience with budgeting and negotiating service contracts.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and use personal transportation in work capacity
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license in accordance with HCI motor vehicle policy.
- Maintain current CPI certification.
- Maintain current American Red Cross CPR Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to lift and carry 100 pounds.
This position is primarily based at the corporate office. It routinely involves making immediate decisions and dealing with problems and situations and can be potentially stressful.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Demonstrated computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Completion of HCI Commitment to Quality training
- Completion of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Training
- Completion of CPR Training
- Successful completion of HCI Supervisor Training Program within 6 months of hire.
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.