IT Support Representative
Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Department: Information Systems Services
Supervised By: Information Systems Services Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Regular/Full-time
Effective Date: July 2013
Position requires the individual to be able to work independently with little supervision and be capable of making routine decisions that are required to carry out the mission of the Information Systems Services Department. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and activities on a daily basis. Must have extensive technical experience with computers and software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide day-to-day administration and maintenance activities on all non-file server computer network and telecommunications resources. This includes repairs, installations, loading software, maintaining configuration records, backups, etc.
- Provide problem solving, crisis intervention and issue resolutions as related to information systems. Define new methods and procedures to enhance the quality of information systems.
- Provide installation, configuration, support and maintenance activities on all computers, thin clients, printers, fax machines and other computer equipment as needed.
- Provide problem solving, crisis intervention and issue resolutions as related to the end user's problems.
- Assists with the implementation and enforcement of all information systems services policies and procedures.
- Provide consultation, training and technical assistance services to center employees on all information systems resources.
- Use the Service Desk software to document, track, resolve, and follow up on problems.
- Document changes, as needed, to keep I.S. inventory database up to date.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality and system security.
- Participate in training and professional development activities as assigned.
- Participate in special projects or activities as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in PC hardware/software support in a networking environment.
- Specific experience with Microsoft PC operating systems, Ethernet, and TCP/IP protocols.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a customer service mindset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position can have a high level of stress due to daily situations that occur needing immediate resolution.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license in accordance with HCI motor vehicle policy.
Position requires multiple job skills necessary to solve complex technical problems. The IT Representative must be able to communicate well with all types of computer users from beginner to experienced. The work environment is influenced by many outside factors including program funding, standards/procedures and the ever changing health care environment itself.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Demonstrated computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Completion of HCI Quality training
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.