Human Resources Generalist -Benefits
Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Department: Human Resources
Supervised By: Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt/Regular/Full-time
Effective Date: July 2014
Responsible for support to Chief Executive Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer and Human Resources Manager to provide continuous improvement to all Human Resources functions. Assists with developing partnerships with all divisions. Oversees the Benefit Program (e.g., health, vision, dental, life insurance, short- term disability, tax shelter annuities 403b, 457b and flexible spending accounts).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the Chief Human Resources Officer and Human Resources Manager as needed.
- Assist the other Human Resources Generalists in the coordination of the general human resource functions that best fit Hamilton Center, Inc. goals and objectives.
- Generate HRIS reporting and retrieval of PC data as required.
- Conduct assigned trainings (such as CPR/First Aid/AED, HCI Commitment to Quality, CPI, etc.)
- Provide customer and HR support to designated departments within your assigned areas with all generalist activities (i.e. FMLA, exit interviews, hiring, benefits, complaint procedures, PES processing, discipline,).
- Active role in HR core duty or support area audits as required.
- Visit assigned support sites at least three times monthly.
- Monitor and report on assigned HR budget information.
- Coordinate PES payouts for your assigned division (s).
- Participate in job-specific duty cross training with other HR Generalists, including recruitment and training.
- Conducts all benefit enrollments during new-hire orientation.
- Actively monitors insurance trends and actively works with broker to negotiate benefits,
- Processes all benefit enrollment packets. Logs benefits information into P-Trak.
- Serves as a primary contact for benefit providers.
- Assists in the coordination of annual Open enrollment meetings.
- Maintain and update all benefit information and forms on the Human Resources shared drive and HCI Net.
- Manages Worker's Compensation function, processes Workman's Compensation claims and completes annual OSHA log.
- Develops strategies to minimize the number of accidents and injuries occurring on the job at HCI.
- Serves as an active member of the Safety Committee and Health and Wellness Panel.
- Co-chairs the Health and Wellness Panel.
- Administers Cobra notifications and ensures compliance.
- Administers AFLAC Unreimbursed Medical and Dependent Care Program.
- Completion and distribution of annual benefit statements.
- Administers enrollment and compliance of 401k and 457b tax shelter annuity.
- Reviews and Processes insurance billings.
- Processes short and long term disability and death claims.
- Comply with procedures to mitigate internal/external benefit plan risks.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- Two to three years of professional experience in a human resource staff role or equivalent knowledge or educational background.
- Specific experience in most HR disciplines (Benefits, Payroll, Staff Development & Training, and Recruitment).
- PC systems proficiency in major business systems a must.
- Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities as well as think and act independently when asked to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a varied audience.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and follow-up skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Actively pursuing professional certification SPHR, PHR, CCP or CEBS.
- Valid Drivers License in accordance with motor vehicle policy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Position requires multiple job skills and creates a high level of stress due to the demands for assistance. Planning is difficult, due to the nature of the emergencies that can happen. Most of the work is done sitting at a desk or computer terminal. There are many interruptions that require getting up and down for various purposes. Some travel may be required to different work locations.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Completion of HCI Commitment to Quality Training
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.