Human Resources Generalist-Training
Department: Human Resources
Supervised By: Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt/Regular/Full-time
Effective Date: July 2012
Responsible for support to Chief Human Resources Officer and Manager to provide continuous improvement to all Human Resources functions. Assists with developing partnerships with all divisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the Chief Human Resources Officer and Human Resources Manager as needed.
- Assist the other Human Resources Generalists in the coordination of the general human resource functions that best fit Hamilton Center, Inc. goals and objectives.
- Generate HRIS reporting and retrieval of PC data as required.
- Conduct assigned trainings (such as CPR/First Aid/AED, HCI Commitment to Quality, CPI, etc.)
- Provide customer and HR support to designated departments within your assigned Division(s) with all generalist activities (i.e. FMLA, exit interviews, hiring, benefits, complaint procedures, PES processing, discipline).
- Active role in HR core duty or support area audits as required.
- Visit assigned support sites at least three times monthly.
- Monitor and report on assigned HR budget information.
- Coordinate PES payouts for your assigned division(s).
- Participate in job-specific duty cross training with other HR Representatives including recruitment and benefits.
Staff Training and Development
- Coordinate and schedule trainers for semi-monthly 4-day new-hire orientation. Hold semi-annual trainer's meeting to facilitate this.
- Conduct a new hire semi-monthly first day general orientation.
- Maintain training materials check out log and assure all materials are returned.
- Assure all training materials are available, organized and updated for trainer use.
- Notification, coordination and assurance of compliance with new supervisor training requirements (ASPIN, Danger Zone). Conduct general new supervisor training within 30 days of effective transfer/hire date.
- Compile and distribute quarterly exit interview report to all Chief Officers, CEO and HR Manager.
- Compile and distribute quarterly CPI/CPR/First Aid training expiration report to all clinical supervisors and HR Manager.
- Learn and be able to conduct all in-service trainings offered to new-hires (e.g., General Orientation, Commitment to Quality, CPI, CPR/ First Aid,)
- Manage and update employee information in Essential Learning. Provide quarterly reports to HR Manager on employee usage and completion of required courses.
- Update and maintain Corporate Training list on HCI Intranet
- Compile annual evaluation reports for all HCI corporate-wide in-service and off-site trainings.
- Update and distribution of Employee and Supervisor Handbooks changes.
- Serve as an active member of the Learning Panel.
- Coordinate and schedule all center-wide off-site and on-site training development, conference, training workshops, and "Super Tuesday" activities (e.g., topics, presenters, facilities, budget, ability to provide CEU's, etc.)
- Track, maintain and renewal of center's authority to remain a CEU provider to clinical staff. Pursue avenues to eventually provide CEU's to all staff.
- Use computer technology to develop and / or enhance training presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- Two to three years of professional experience in a human resource staff role or equivalent knowledge or educational background.
- Specific experience in most HR disciplines (Benefits, Payroll, Staff Development & Training, and Recruitment).
- PC systems proficiency in major business systems a must.
- Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities as well as think and act independently when asked to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a varied audience.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and follow-up skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Actively pursuing professional certification SPHR, PHR, CCP or CEBS.
- Valid Drivers License in accordance with HCI motor vehicle policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Most of the work is done in a pleasant environment sitting at a desk or computer terminal. There are many interruptions that require getting up and down for filing, copying and working in different work areas.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Demonstrate computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing
- Completion of HCI Commitment to Quality training
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Apply now with our Online Employment Application.