Data Entry Specialist
Department: Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
Supervised By: Director, Continuous Quality Improvement
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Regular/Full-Time
Effective Date: July 2012
Perform or ensure all administrative duties related to the PASRR program. Provide administrative support to Continuous Quality Improvement department as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform or ensure that data entry tasks for PASRR program and other CQI activities as needed are completed accurately.
- Develop and maintain databases related to PASRR. Ensure PASRR reporting and billing guidelines are met per DMHA requirements.
- Maintain accurate PASRR medical records.
- Troubleshoot data entry information related to PASRR contracting, billing, and reimbursement.
- Assist department in producing required reports, documents, correspondence, contracts, etc.
- Assist department in other required activities related to accreditation, certification, licensure, and/or reimbursement issues.
- Cross train as assigned with other departmental team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Two-three years practical experience in data entry.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access required.
- Requires a high degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fine motor skills to manipulate copier, computer, telephone, calculator, fax machine, beeper, can cell phone.
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Prolonged periods of working on the computer-word processing, data entry, research and telephone work.
The majority of work is performed at a desk in an office environment. The assigned duties demand accuracy, timeliness and completeness of data. Must be able to self-monitor work and meet required deadlines.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Demonstrated computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Completion of HCI Commitment to Quality training
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Apply now with our Online Employment Application.